Thank you for considering me. I am honored.
Some background on me:
I started speaking in public with devotionals at church as a youth and as chaplain for my junior high school and high school in Shreveport, LA. My first sermon in church was at 17. At Louisiana College, a Southern Baptist college in central Louisiana, I majored in religion and minored in Greek. Over the years I served as music and youth director, as interim pastor and pulpit supply during college. In addition, I was chaplains’ assistant for a state mental hospital with nearly 3000 resident patients, where I was responsible for counseling patients and leading worship services. During my seminary years in Ft. Worth, I counseled drug addicts at a narcotics treatment center before taking a job in a Christian bookstore. I stayed in the Christian book and music industry for nearly 20 years. During that time, I taught Sunday School and Church Training classes, serving as a deacon at one church and as an elder at another where I shared preaching and leadership responsibilities with several other co-pastors. Since moving to Oklahoma in 1993, I have served in leadership positions in other churches, taught classes, preached in various settings, and for 17 years pastored a home-church fellowship.
I have had several occasions to teach specifically the material in my book, Extreme Thanks: Learning to Respond to Extreme Grace. It’s the fulfillment of a calling to help believers find the joy of knowing and following Christ. In some ways, I consider it my “life message.” It is the culmination of years of Bible study, prayer, and following the Lord’s guidance and sometimes missing His direction, and the lessons learned along the way. I have found God to be incredibly faithful and trustworthy, and have learned express my faith by giving thanks to Him. In 2009, I had a bout with cancer. When I heard the diagnosis, one of the first things I thought was: “It’s time to put up or shut up.” Either the truths I had written and taught would see me through, or they wouldn’t. As a ten-plus year survivor, I’m here to tell you, it’s true. Being confronted with throat cancer and not only living through it but keeping my voice, made me realize: I need to share this message.
The “Extreme Thanks” presentation can be customized to fit the needs of your church or organization. We can do it as a seminar, or a series of meetings like old-time revival services, on several weeknights, or a weekend, or a one day workshop/retreat. If I can serve you as pulpit supply when you have to be away or on vacation, I would be happy to do that as well.
Key topics include:
- Extreme Righteousness: Getting into the Kingdom, and Going on in the Kingdom – salvation, atonement, sanctification, growth, obedience
- Extreme Deity: God Is, and He Is a Rewarder; His plan and purpose; His sovereignty, faithfulness, and worthiness to be trusted
- Extreme Faith: Making the choice to trust Him; Little Faith and Mustard Seed Faith; Sabbath Rest
- Extreme Thanks: Growing in Gratitude; Giving Thanks – the language of the Kingdom; the path to growth, faith, rest and joy in the Christian life
- Extreme Christianity: Applying the above principle in Christian living; Listening to God; Prayer; Evangelism and discipleship; Spiritual warfare
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- I will promptly and professionally reply to your phone calls and email messages.
- We’ll consult by phone, or if practical, in person, prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- Assuming your event is open to the public and you want the added visibility, I’ll announce your event on my blog and social media channels.
- I’ll deliver a professionally prepared, dynamical presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- After the event, we’ll share a quick follow-up communication, to make sure I met your expectations. (I’d also appreciate feedback on how you think I can improve.)
The Next Step
Again, I appreciate your considering me. I invite you to take the next step and click on the button below to check my availability. Let us know about your needs and event, and we’ll get back with you right away.
[button link=”http://therickcarr.com/speaking/availability/” type=”big” color=”red”] Check My Availability[/button]