So, how did you receive Him? We all have different stories of what led us to Christ. If you are a follower of Christ, regardless of the life experiences that brought you to Him, there are some spiritual dynamics which we all share in common.
- You got into the Kingdom “by grace through faith” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- You got in by the cross – the sacrifice of Jesus; His torn flesh and His shed blood
- You got in by His death, burial and resurrection
- You got in by His doing, not your own (1 Corinthians 1:30-31)
- You got in by ceasing from your own failed, futile, frustrating efforts and resting in His finished work on your behalf (Hebrews 4:1-12).
So, now, how can you live the Christian life in freedom and victory, in peace and rest, finding comfort and guidance – i.e., all your need fully supplied beyond all you can ask or even imagine?!?
As you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. The way you get in is the way you go on!
You go on by grace through faith. You go on in the sacrifice and victory He accomplished on the cross and through His death, burial and resurrection. You go on by His doing, in His strength and ability. You cease from your feeble efforts and rest in His power to accomplish His work, walking in the good works (Eph. 2:10) He accomplished from the foundation of the world (Heb. 4:2-4, 9-11).
Is it easy? Not necessarily. But it really is that simple. And as you grow in understanding of the implications of “the way you get in is the way you go on,” you will find yourself overflowing with gratitude – outspoken, joyous thankfulness for the lavish grace of a loving God!